A recent comment reported a problem with the use of the UCase and LCase (upper and lower case) functions in VBA. The function was returning the error message “Compile error: Can’t find project or library”.
I found the same problem reported at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-customize/ucase-problem/2a170fd6-b594-48aa-972f-cdf05a05b99b , which gave the simple solution of adding “VBA.” before UCase or LCase. It seems that the problem only occurs on some computers, and all instances I have seen reported have been with VBA routines that link to compiled dll files.
I have now updated my two spreadsheets where I know this problem has occurred. The new files can be downloaded from:
Anyone having a similar problem with any of my other download files, please leave a comment here.
Also note that the same problem may occur with other VBA string functions, and see the comment from Jon Peltier below, regarding base cause of the problem, and alternative method to fix it.