Previous post in this series.
Download latest version of RC Design Functions6.
Previous posts in this series have looked at elastic design functions. We now move on to functions for ultimate limit state (ULS) analysis of reinforced concrete sections:
- UMom: ULS analysis of rectangular reinforced concrete sections with two layers of reinforcement under combined bending moment and axial load. Australian and ACI codes.
- UMomPF: As UMom but for codes using a partial factor approach; Eurocode 2, BS 5400 and BS 8110.
- MaxAx: New. Moment magnification factor for slender columns, and maximum axial load, including slenderness effects (AS 3600 only).
Input for the functions is shown below:
Output from the UMom function is controlled by the parameters: Out1 and Out2, as for the EStress functions, with 11 columns (selected by Out1) and up to 17 rows (selected by Out2). Alternatively a complete column may be displayed by entering the function as an array function, with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.
Umom output columns 1 to 6:
Umom output columns 7 to 11:
UMomPF provides similar functionality for Eurocode 2 and BS 5400 and BS 8110:
The new MaxAx function provides 3 alternative outputs (controlled by the Out1 parameter):
- the moment magnification factor for a specified axial load (Out1 = 1, default)
- the maximum axial load for a specified eccentricity, (Out1 = 2)
- loading line to the maximum axial load, for a specified eccentricity (Out1 > 2)
Graph of average column stress for maximum axial load against slenderness ratio (Le/r), generated using the MaxAx function:
Further details of input and output options are given on the download file:
RC Design Functions6.