The IP2 spreadsheet provides functions to calculate:
- Intersection points of 2D lines or polylines
- Intersection points of 2 circles, or a line and a circle
- Intersection circle of two spheres and intersection points of 3 spheres
- 3D centre point of a circle or arc
- Perpendicular distance from a point to a line or polyline.
- Maximum distance between any two points from a list
- Convert rectangular to polar coordinates and polar to rectangular
- Intersection point of 2 lines in 3D space
- Intersection of 2 planes and related functions
- Perspective projection of 3D lines
- One way and two way table interpolation
- Rotation between local and global coordinates, 2D and 3D
Since the last release:
- The IPSSS function (intersection of 3 spheres) has been corrected
- The py_Glob_to_Loc and py_Loc_to_Glob functions have been converted to Excel Python
- The file has been saved in two versions, one including the Python functions and the other VBA only.
The new version may be downloaded from IP2.zip (including full open source code).
The Python functions require Python and Numpy to be installed. Then simply copy the contents of the zip file to any convenient directory.